Abigail L. Baker
- District of Columbia
- Court of Appeals of Maryland
- Court of Appeals of the District of Columbia
- University of Baltimore School of Law (J.D., magna cum laude, 2005)
- Heuisler Honor Society
- Mount Royal Scholarship Recipient
- University of Baltimore Law Review, Production Editor
- National Appellate Advocacy Competition Team
- Women's Bar Association, Vice President
- James Madison University (B.S., 2002)
Abigail L. Baker
An associate in Ober|Kaler's Business Group, Abigail L. Baker focuses her practice on general corporate and securities matters, mergers and acquisitions, and private equity and venture capital financing.
Abigail's mergers and acquisitions experience includes the representation of both buyers and sellers in a variety of industries, including financial services, aviation, education and technology. She routinely drafts and negotiates stock and asset purchase agreements, merger agreements, escrow agreements, paying agent agreements, voting agreements and transition services agreements.
She advises public companies on ongoing corporate legal matters, including federal securities reporting requirements and corporate governance issues and counsels private companies on compliance with state law. She negotiates and drafts various commercial agreements, teaming agreements, voting agreements and employment agreements.
She also represents companies and institutional investors in private equity and venture capital financing transactions. She drafts and negotiates purchase agreements, investor rights and stockholder agreements, and right of first refusal and co-sale agreements.
- American Bar Association
- District of Columbia Bar Association
- Maryland State Bar Association
- Women's Bar Association of the District of Columbia
- Senior Associate, Wilmer Cutler Pickering Hale and Dorr LLP
- Associate, McGuireWoods LLP
- Intern, The Honorable Pamela North, Circuit Court for Anne Arundel County