Betty C. Bannat
- Court of Appeals of Maryland
- University of Maryland School of Law (J.D., 1985)
- Order of the Coif, American Jurisprudence Prize Award–Constitutional Law Judge Morton P. Fisher
- Memorial Prize Award for work in Income Taxation
- Duke University (A.B., magna cum laude, 1968)
- Phi Beta Kappa
- Graduation with distinction from Department of Business Administration–Honors Thesis
- North Carolina Association of Certified Public Accountants Outstanding Student Award
- C.P.A., Elijah Watts Sells Certificate of Honorable Mention for performance on CPA exam–exam score in top .1% nationally
Betty C. Bannat
Betty C. Bannat (“Betsy”) is a member of the Ober|Kaler Estates and Trusts Group. She assists clients in a variety of trust and estate planning and administration issues with a focus on charitable planned giving arrangements.
Betsy handles family wealth transfers involving gift and estate planning, taking into consideration the federal gift and estate tax impact of alternative plans. She represents individuals and estates and trusts in the resolution of federal and state tax controversies. She also represents clients in the transfer of closely held business interests.
Betsy provides disability planning services that involve advance directives for health care and the use of powers of attorney and revocable trust agreements for asset management. Her estate and trust administration experience includes compliance with the filing requirements of the Orphans’ Court and with federal and state tax authorities.
In addition to her memberships in professional associations, Betsy is an active participant in community organizations.
- American Bar Association
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Anne Arundel County Bar Association
- Maryland State Bar Association
- Section on Estates and Trusts
- Women’s Bar Association of Maryland
- Annapolis Life Care, Inc.
- Board of Directors
- Episcopal Diocese of Maryland
- Planned Giving Task Force
- St. Martin's in the Field Episcopal Church
- Planned Giving Committee
- AV Rated, Martindale-Hubbell
- Adjunct Professor in Graduate Tax Program, University of Baltimore