Diane Shapiro Richer
- District of Columbia
- New York
- Court of Appeals of New York
- Court of Appeals of the District of Columbia
- United States Supreme Court
- Georgetown University Law Center (J.D., 1984)
- Law Review, The Tax Lawyer, Associate Editor, 1983-1984
- University of Pennsylvania (B.A., cum laude, 1981)
Diane Shapiro Richer
Diane Shapiro Richer is a principal in Ober|Kaler's Real Estate and Finance Groups and brings nearly thirty years of experience in real estate financings and other real estate transactions. She represents real estate investment trusts (REITs), private developers, construction and permanent lenders, retailers and others in a wide range of real estate matters.
Diane counsels banks and other lending institutions, as well as borrowers, in construction and permanent lending and loan workouts; negotiates and drafts contracts for the acquisition, development, leasing and financing of commercial office buildings, shopping centers, office parks and planned communities; and represents developers and tenants in leasing and acquisition matters.
Her representative transactions include one of the largest private sales of real estate in District of Columbia history, the acquisition and financing of private toll roads and bridges, dozens of REIT financings, and law firm leases totaling nearly a half million square feet.
Diane serves on the Capital Markets Committee of the DC Building Industry Association (DCBIA).
- American Bar Association
- Section of Real Property, Probate and Trust Law
- Commercial Real Estate Women (CREW)
- District of Columbia Bar Association
- Real Estate, Housing and Land Use Section
- District of Columbia Building Industry Association (DCBIA)
- Capital Markets Committee
- NAIOP Northern Virginia
- National Association of Real Estate Investment Trusts (NAREIT)
- Women's Bar Association
- Listed in Washington, DC Super Lawyers, 2014-2015
- Legal 500 US, Real Estate, 2011-2012
- Top Women Lawyers in the Northeast - Real Estate, Martindale-Hubbell, 2011
- Author, "The New Normal: The Transactional Lawyer's Perspective," Washington Business Journal, 2011
- Author, "What a Deal!" Legal Times, 2003