Kevin A. Dunne is an Ober|Kaler litigator who brings more than 34 years of courtroom experience at all levels of the system — trial and appellate, state and federal — in the civil arena. A member of the firm’s Litigation Group, he represents individuals and corporations with complex commercial litigation, product liability, personal injury and tort defense. A significant portion of Kevin's current practice focuses on the representation of health care providers, both before administrative tribunals and in jury trials involving tort claims.
Notably, Kevin represented Dominic Solesky, a 10-year-old boy who was seriously mauled in a pit bull attack. The case, which sparked widespread debate, resulted in a ruling by the Court of Appeals of Maryland that owners of pit bulls and their landlords are strictly liable for damages resulting from the dog’s attack.
Kevin’s clients include many physicians and health care practices, major international manufacturing firms, pharmaceutical manufacturers, insurance companies and individuals. He has handled complex ERISA and pension cases and insurance coverage disputes. His experience also includes multimillion-dollar product liability cases involving medical devices and claims of defective design, management of multiple toxic tort dockets and numerous accident cases involving traumatic injury or death.
His record of favorable verdicts and settlements on behalf of his clients is consistently among the most distinguished in the Mid-Atlantic region. Well known and well respected in the legal community as a trial lawyer of extensive first chair experience in complex civil litigation, Kevin holds Martindale-Hubbell’s highest AV rating, and has been consistently rated as one of Maryland’s Top Attorneys in various publications.
- American Bar Association
- Section on Litigation
- Committee on Toxic Torts of the Subcommittee on Products Liability
- Section on Litigation
- Baltimore City Bar Association
- Executive Council, past-Member
- Professional Ethics Committee, past-Chair
- Legislation Committee, past-Chair
- Judiciary Committee
- Young Lawyers’ Section
- Long Range Planning Committee, past-Chair
- Nominating Committee, past-Chair
- Membership Support Committee, past-Chair
- Maryland Defense Council, Inc.
- Maryland State Bar Association
- Peer Review Panels, Attorney Grievance Commission of Maryland
- Lawyers Against Hunger Committee
- Neighborhood Community Association, past-President
- St. Thomas More Society
- University of Maryland Law School Mentor Program
- Listed in Maryland Super Lawyers, Personal Injury Plaintiff, 2007-2016
- AV Rated, Martindale-Hubbell