Leonard C. Homer
- District of Columbia
- Court of Appeals of Maryland
- Court of Appeals of the District of Columbia
- Supreme Court of Pennsylvania
- United States Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- United States District Court for the District of Columbia
- United States Supreme Court
- Villanova University School of Law (J.D., 1970)
- Law Review, Editor
- Order of the Coif
- Syracuse University (A.B., 1962)
Leonard C. Homer
Leonard C. Homer is a member of the Health Law Group at Ober|Kaler who represents hospitals, physicians and other health care providers in transactions, contracting, compliance and litigation involving federal, state and private health care programs.
A veteran in health care law, Len brings an extensive knowledge of Medicare/Medicaid payment and fraud and abuse issues to his practice. His litigation experience includes successful representation of providers before numerous U.S. District Courts and Courts of Appeal as well as the U.S. Supreme Court.
Serving as lead counsel, Len defended nine hospitals in a false claims suit based on Medicare/Medicaid billing for investigational medical devices. The case followed his successful challenge to the Medicare program’s policy of not covering investigational medical devices. Because of his vast experience in health care payment issues and policies, his counsel and representation is sought by providers seeking advice on health care program requirements and compliance, as well as by providers under investigation for suspected fraud.
Len is the recipient of numerous professional distinctions for legal service in the field of health care and serves on the board of directors of the Maryland General Community Health Foundation, Inc.
- American Bar Association
- Health Law Forum
- American Health Lawyers Association
- President, 1985-1986
- Co-chair of Institute on Medicare and Medicaid Payment Issues, 1978-1999
- Mentoring Program
- Public Interest Contributor
- Maryland General Community Health Foundation, Inc.
- Board of Directors
- Charter Fellow, American Health Lawyers Association, 2005
- Listed in Expert Guides to the Leading Lawyers – Best of the Best USA 2007, Healthcare Category
- Listed in Maryland Super Lawyers, Health Care, 2007-2012
- Recipient, David J. Greenburg Award, American Health Lawyers Association, 1999
- Listed since 1991 in The Best Lawyers in America, Health Care Law Category (Woodward/White, Inc.)
- AV Rated, Martindale-Hubbell