Michael L. Jennings
- Court of Appeals of Maryland
- University of Baltimore School of Law (LL.M. in Taxation, 1994)
- University of Baltimore School of Law (J.D., cum laude, 1986)
- University of Baltimore Law Review, Member, 1984-1985; Articles Editor, 1985-1986
- Heuisler Honor Society
- University of Cincinnati (B.A., 1981)
Michael L. Jennings
Michael L. Jennings is counsel in Ober|Kaler’s Business, Tax and Real Estate Groups. He concentrates on transactional matters involving mergers and acquisitions, financings, asset and stock purchase and sale transactions, business separations and reorganizations, and other general business planning matters. He also works with large, middle market and emerging, privately held companies as outside general counsel.
For more than 20 years, Michael has represented one of the largest petroleum distribution companies doing business in the Mid-Atlantic, successfully closing millions of dollars in transactions involving the acquisition of multiple retail service station sites, related assets and supply contracts.
Michael also works with entrepreneurial ventures and emerging companies involved in the development of innovative software products, gauges for NASCAR racing cars and cellular towers throughout the United States.
Along with his corporate and general business work, Michael represents clients involved in the acquisition, financing, development, leasing and disposition of real property, and the lenders providing funds for those activities. Michael has represented clients involved in the acquisition and development of shopping centers, free standing retail sites, including motor fuel stations, quick service and fast-food restaurants, assisted-living facilities, high-end health clubs and other sports venues in Maryland, Pennsylvania, Delaware and Virginia. He has represented lenders in connection with the negotiation and documentation of good loans and the workout of problem loans. He also provides legal counsel to investor groups seeking to acquire distressed assets and underperforming loans from lenders.
An active member of the Baltimore community, Michael serves as general counsel to the nonprofit group, Pathfinders for Autism, and provides legal services to The Light of Truth, a public charity that provides housing and employment opportunities for women in transition.
- Baltimore City Bar Association
- Leadership Baltimore County
- Maryland State Bar Association
- Listed in Smart CEO's Legal Elite, 2010
- AV Rated, Martindale-Hubbell
- Associate/Partner, McGuire Woods, LLP
- Law Clerk, Hon. Lawrence F. Rodowsky, Court of Appeals of Maryland