Patrick K. Cameron
- Court of Appeals of Maryland
- United States Bankruptcy Court for the District of Maryland
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- United States District Court for the District of Maryland
- Georgetown University Law Center (J.D., 1978)
- Journal of Law and Policy in International Business, Administrative Survey Editor
- The Johns Hopkins School of Advanced International Studies (M.A., 1975)
- The Johns Hopkins University (B.A., 1974)
- Phillips Academy (1970)
Patrick K. Cameron
Patrick K. Cameron is a principal in Ober|Kaler's Finance and Business Groups and currently chairs all of Ober|Kaler's transactional practices throughout the firm. Prior to stepping down in March, 2011, Patrick served for many years as a member of Ober|Kaler's six member Board of Directors and as Vice-President and Secretary of the firm. He has also served for years as a member of the firm's Compensation Committee.
Professionally, Patrick represents asset-based lenders, financial institutions and other business creditors in a full range of commercial financing transactions that typically involve revolving credit, term loan and letter of credit facilities, senior and subordinated debt transactions, real estate financings, construction and permanent loan financings, debtor-in-possession loans, restructurings and out-of-court loan workouts. He also works with corporate entities and mezzanine lenders on a variety of transactions including mergers and acquisitions, recapitalizations, debt and equity offerings, secured and unsecured facilities (including warrants) and joint venture arrangements.
Patrick's extensive experience also includes the financing of a wide variety of transportation assets and projects, including vessels of every kind and description, containers and related equipment, and locomotives and railroad rolling stock.
In addition, Patrick represents numerous national and regional banks and other financial institutions on a variety of healthcare financing transactions including acquisition financing, construction financing and working capital financing.
He is a noted speaker and lecturer on equipment leasing and finance issues and shares his knowledge on transportation-related financing issues as a member of the Air, Rail and Marine Subcommittee of the Equipment Leasing and Finance Association. He also serves as Secretary of the Marine Finance Committee of the Maritime Law Association of the United States.
- American Bar Association
- Baltimore City Bar Association
- Equipment Leasing and Finance Association
- Air, Rail and Marine Subcommittee
- Maritime Law Association of the United States
- Secretary, Marine Finance Committee
- Maryland State Bar Association
- Turnaround Management Association
- Listed in Chambers USA, America's Leading Business Lawyers – Corporate/M&A (Maryland), 2010-2013
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America, Banking & Finance Law, Commercial Litigation, Corporate Law, Litigation - Banking & Finance and Mortgage Banking Foreclosure Law Categories (Woodward/White, Inc.), 2011-2013
- Listed in Maryland Super Lawyers, Banking, 2010, 2012-2013
- Listed as one of the top 40 attorneys in Maryland, Maryland’s Legal Elite, SmartCEO Magazine, 2005
- Listed in SmartLawyers by SmartCEO Magazine, 2009
- Listed in Chambers, Corporate M&A, Maryland, 2010
- AV Rated, Martindale-Hubbell
- Prior Lecturer, Equipment Leasing and Finance Association and Maryland Institute for the Continuing Professional Education of Lawyers (MICPEL)
- Co-author, “Changes in Lending Laws Restrict Use of Exemptions,” The Daily Record