Patrick K. O'Hare
- District of Columbia
- Court of Appeals of the District of Columbia
- United States Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- United States Supreme Court
- Stanford University Law School (J.D., 1971)
- Brown University (B.A., 1968)
Patrick K. O'Hare
Patrick K. O’Hare is a member of Ober|Kaler’s Health Law and Nonprofit Organizations Groups. Patrick’s practice is national in scope and consists primarily of representing hospitals, hospital systems, long-term care providers and physician groups, as well as nonprofit corporations and charities.
Patrick is instrumental in helping clients plan and implement collaborative health care transactions such as acquisitions, mergers, affiliations, joint ventures and networks among hospitals, as well as between physicians and hospitals. His practice also includes business and tax planning.
Except for a short stint in the Environmental Protection Agency’s General Counsel’s Office, Patrick has focused his practice on health care and nonprofit law since the late 1970s.
Patrick serves as general counsel to several national charities. He is the author of dozens of articles on health care topics that have appeared in medical journals and professional publications.
- Food & Friends
- Board of Directors, 2005-2007
- Listed in Washington, DC Super Lawyers, 2007-2013
- Listed in Chambers USA, America's Leading Business Lawyers – Healthcare (DC), 2011-2013
- Listed in Expert Guides to the Leading Lawyers – Best of the Best USA, Healthcare Category, 2013
- Listed since 2005 in The Best Lawyers in America, Health Care Law and Non-Profit/Charities Law Categories (Woodward/White, Inc.)
- Selected by Nightingale's Healthcare News as one of the Outstanding Healthcare Transaction Lawyers for 2005 and 2006
- AV Rated, Martindale-Hubbell
- American University Washington College of Law, Adjunct Faculty
- Captain and Military Judge, United States Marine Corps Reserve
- Patrick has authored over fifty articles on various health law topics. He has published articles in Healthcare Financial Management, Modern Healthcare, Health Progress, and The Chronicle of Philanthropy among others, and is author of the chapter “Organizing a Nonprofit,” published in Ober|Kaler's The Nonprofit Legal Landscape by BoardSource, 2004. Patrick has made presentations at numerous national and regional seminars, including those sponsored by the Healthcare Financial Management Association, the American Association of Homes and Services for the Aging, the Association of American Medical Colleges, and the American Health Lawyers Association.