Paul M. Vincent
- District of Columbia
- Court of Appeals of Maryland
- Court of Appeals of the District of Columbia
- Supreme Court of Virginia
- United States Supreme Court
- University of Virginia School of Law (J.D., 1970)
- Harvard University (B.A., cum laude, 1967)
Paul M. Vincent
Paul M. Vincent, a member of the Litigation Group at Ober|Kaler, is an experienced business litigator, with more than 25 years’ experience in a broad variety of complex civil litigation for the firm’s clients, and also heads up the firm’s federal-contracts litigation practice.
Paul’s practice has included both court litigation and administrative proceedings representing business clients in matters involving numerous federal and state regulatory agencies. In the course of that practice, Paul has litigated a number of cases involving the effect of the Constitution’s Commerce Clause upon regulatory schemes developed by state agencies across the country to regulate the marketing and pricing of dairy products, and has also represented dairy-industry clients before the federal Department of Agriculture as well as state regulators.
His practice has included trials and settlements of major contract, business tort, intellectual property, executive employment, and injunction actions in federal and state courts around the country, as well as regular regional business litigation as a member of the bars of the states of Virginia, Maryland, and the District of Columbia. Paul is a member of the American Arbitration Association’s national panel of arbitrators, and regularly represents clients in disputes submitted to arbitration and mediation, including the design and format of such alternative dispute resolution mechanisms.
Paul’s government contracts practice includes protests and defense of contract awards, litigation before the Claims Court and Boards of Contract Appeals of monetary and other claims arising during contract performance, and related litigation (including both agency actions and prime-sub disputes) in federal and state courts.
In addition to his active involvement in professional associations, Paul is a member of the board of directors of KBR Foundation.
- American Arbitration Association, National Panel of Arbitrators
- American Bar Association
- Section on Litigation
- Section on Public Contracts
- Commercial Law League
- Council for Court Excellence
- Board of Directors, 1999-present
- District of Columbia Bar Association
- Maryland State Bar Association
- Virginia State Bar
- KBR Foundation
- Board of Directors, 1996-present
- Montgomery County Swim League
- Board of Directors, 1986-1996
- President, 1990-1991
- AV Rated, Martindale-Hubbell