Susan A. Turner
- District of Columbia
- Superior Court of the District of Columbia
- Supreme Court of Virginia
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia
- Catholic University of America, Columbus School of Law (J.D., 1989)
- George Washington University (B.S., 1976)
Susan A. Turner
Susan A. Turner, counsel in Ober|Kaler's Health Law Group, represents health care providers in civil, criminal and administrative regulatory matters. Her representations include Medicare and Medicaid reimbursement, survey certification, fraud and abuse and Stark compliance. She also handles regulatory due diligence and counseling for health care acquisitions, equity investments, reorganizations and other transactions. Her clients include hospitals, long-term care providers, physician practices, DME suppliers, institutional pharmacies, imaging centers and laboratories.
Susan brings to her practice a unique perspective on the workings of the health care delivery system. Prior to entering law school, she operated her own physician office management consulting practice, assisting individual physicians and clinical groups with recordkeeping and documentation issues, personnel management and third-party billing.
Susan is a frequent speaker on Medicare “incident to” rules at national associations of nurse practitioners. She also speaks regularly on federal antikickback rules at national health care provider meetings and conventions. In a video produced by the American Association of Homes and Services for the Aging, she appeared as a panelist in a discussion of nursing home enforcement rules.
- American Health Lawyers Association
- District of Columbia Bar Association
- Virginia Bar Association
- Senior Counsel, Proskauer Rose, LLP
- Associate, Reinhart Boerner Van Deuren & Norris
- Associate, Katten Muchin Zavis & Dombroff
- Associate, Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld