Walter R. Kirkman
- District of Columbia
- Court of Appeals of Maryland
- Court of Appeals of the District of Columbia
- Supreme Court of the State of Florida
- United States District Court for the District of Columbia
- United States District Court for the District of Maryland
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Florida
- University of Maryland School of Law (J.D., with honor, 2005)
- Order of the Coif
- The Business Lawyer, Articles Editor
- Moot Court Board
- University of Maryland (B.A., 1993)
Walter R. Kirkman
Walter R. Kirkman is an attorney with the Ober|Kaler Creditors' Rights, Workouts and Bankruptcy Group. He represents secured and unsecured creditors and equipment lessors in connection with initial documentation, modification, restructure and out of court workout of commercial credit facilities. Walter has “first chair” experience representing financial institutions in commercial foreclosures, receiverships, Uniform Commercial Code sales, confessed judgment actions, replevin actions, Chapter 7 and 11 bankruptcies and related proceedings.
Walter also represents financial institutions, corporations and individuals in all phases of commercial litigation in state and federal courts, including lender liability actions, contract and franchise agreement disputes, Uniform Commercial Code check processing and lease syndication fraud.
Active in the community, Walter regularly provides pro bono legal representation to clients in the Baltimore area. In 2012, he was elected to serve on the Board of Directors of The Loading Dock, Inc., a nonprofit supplier of affordable building materials for housing and community improvement.
- The Loading Dock, Inc.
- Board of Directors
Recipient, The Public Service Award, University of Maryland School of Law, 2005
- Corporate Law Intern, General Counsel’s Office, Zurich North America
- Student Attorney, University of Maryland Clinical Law Office
- Claims Supervisor, Boat Owners Association of the United States
- Co-author with Kevin LaTulip, “Maryland Again Changes Recordation Tax Payable on Indemnity Deeds of Trust - Effective as of July 1, 2013,” Ober|Kaler Client Alert, 2013