Wendy M. Yoviene
- District of Columbia
- Court of Appeals of the District of Columbia
- Supreme Court of Pennsylvania
- Supreme Court of Virginia
- United States Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Wisconsin
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania
- United States Supreme Court
- University of Virginia School of Law (J.D., 1997) Virginia Journal of Social Policy & the Law, Editorial Board
- University of Virginia (B.A., 1992)
Wendy M. Yoviene
Wendy M. Yoviene is a principal in Ober|Kaler's Litigation and Food and Agriculture Groups. Wendy serves as outside general counsel for business and trade association clients and is one of the firm’s experienced federal court litigators.
Wendy combines her decade-plus experience interfacing with state and federal agencies and legislatures with her litigation savvy to identify and bring about practical solutions for business problems in a highly regulated environment. Wendy also provides her clients with business advice and antitrust counseling and handles high stakes, complex litigation matters, including business disputes, administrative proceedings, Commerce Clause, Preemption, First Amendment and Class Action defense litigation, as well as hospital-physician peer review proceedings.
Among others, Wendy represents numerous food and agriculture clients before state and federal agencies and in the litigation that arises out of such proceedings. She represents processor and producer groups in proceedings before the Food and Drug Administration, the United States Department of Agriculture and various state agencies. She has obtained numerous agency rulings and has successfully defended them in court. Wendy is also well-versed in other agriculture regulatory programs, including the Perishable Agricultural Commodities Act (PACA); the National Organic Program; and food labeling issues such as those related to artificial growth hormones and cloning, food safety and standards of identity. In addition, Wendy serves as regulatory counsel for food and agriculture clients in mergers and acquisitions.
- Agriculture Law Association
- American Bar Association
- Section on Administrative Law
- Section on Litigation