Trends in Government Enforcement and Best Practices for Investigating and Defending Healthcare Fraud Actions
June 7, 2012
Bill Mathias will present “Trends in Government Enforcement and Best Practices for Investigating and Defending Healthcare Fraud Actions,” Part VI in the American Health Lawyers Association’s Healthcare Fraud and Abuse Bootcamp Webinar Series. The presentation will address the following topics:
- Overview of recent government enforcement activities.
- What types of cases interest the government?
- Recent civil and criminal enforcement of healthcare fraud.
- The government’s use of the responsible corporate officer doctrine in healthcare fraud cases.
- Best Practices for defending the client involved in a government enforcement investigation or action.
- Strategies for conducting internal investigations in the face of a government investigation or action.
- What’s the purpose of the internal investigation?
- When to investigate and determining the scope of the investigation.
- Should in-house or outside counsel conduct the investigation?
- The importance of document preservation.
- Who’s the client? Conducting witness interviews of company employees.
- Identifying, reporting, and remediating potential issues.
- Strategies for protecting
June 7, 2012
1:00-2:30 pm Eastern
For more information, visit: www.healthlawyers.org/Events/Webinars/2012/Pages/fraudcampvi.aspx.
© 2013 Ober|Kaler All Rights Reserved.