Search News & Events:
Networking for In-house Counsel: Building Key Relationships for Influence, Leadership and Career Advancement
July 18, 2012
Would you like more influence in your organization? Are you worried you are perceived as always saying "no"? Do you want to get in on the ground floor when new initiatives and programs first get underway? Do you want a seat at the table? In this 90-minute webinar networking expert Lynne Waymon joins Steve Smith and Sarah Swank, co-founders of the Ober|Kaler Health Care General Counsel Institute, to show you networking and relationship building skills that will enhance your stature among your peers, staff and senior management, and help you advance through each stage of your career.
This webinar will explore the 8 Networking Competencies needed to become more visible and valued in your organization. You will learn how to:
- Penetrate the "inner circle" and get in on the ground floor when new initiatives or important changes are being discussed
- Teach people how to use your expertise, and when they should call on you
- Advance through the 6 stages of trust building
- Master the 3 key moments in every relationship
- Answer "What do you do?" in a way that shows your character & competence
- Appreciate the role that social small talk has in advancing your workplace relationships
- Steer small talk to uncover resources and opportunities
- Handle awkward networking situations
Lynne Waymon is CEO of Contacts Count LLC (www.contactscount.com). She is a recognized authority on business and professional networking and the co-author of Make Your Contacts Count (2nd edition, NY, American Management Association). Her recent clients include Fortune 500 companies, many government agencies, and major associations and universities. Lynne received the highest award given by the National Capital Speakers Association for her presentations.
Wednesday, July 18, 2012
12:00 - 1:30pm (Eastern)
There is no fee to attend this program. For more information, contact Gina Eliadis at 410.230.7051 or email@example.com.