A First Look at the Dodd-Frank Act: What It Means for Community Banks
August 13, 2010
The Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act is expected to soon become law. Come listen to experts discuss how the new law will impact community banks.
- Review of the provisions of Dodd-Frank relevant to community banks and thrifts
- Presented from legal, accounting and trade group perspectives
- Get an insiders' perspective from Chris Cole, Legislative Counsel or Steve Verdier, Executive Vice President, Congressional Relations, of Independent Community Bankers of America (ICBA)
- Open discussion forum
- Learn about these topics and more:
- What will the new bank regulatory oversight structure look like?
- Who will have regulatory oversight responsibility for my bank and should I (and can I) change regulators?
- What will the new Financial Stability Oversight Council and Consumer Financial Protection Bureau mean for my bank?
- How will the federal preemption landscape be altered?
- How will the FDIC changes impact my bank?
- How do we need to revise our lending practices?
- What changes are relevant for publicly traded banks and bank holding companies and those considering going public?
8:00 a.m. Registration and breakfast
8:30 a.m. Presentation
10:30 a.m. Wrap up and Q&A
There is no fee to attend this program.
Hampton Inn Easton
For More Information, Contact:
© 2013 Ober|Kaler All Rights Reserved.