Diversity is an essential ingredient in making Ober|Kaler a vibrant, dynamic and welcoming place to work. Ober|Kaler is committed to diversity in the workplace and recognizes that our workforce is our most important resource. Recognizing that a diverse pool of talent serves the best interest of our clients and enhances our ability to provide the best legal services, we actively recruit and encourage the hiring and retention of women and minority lawyers. This is accomplished through recruitment efforts at law schools, decisions related to lateral hires and general employment practices.
Ober|Kaler participates in numerous community programs, activities and charitable events that reflect the diversity of our communities, such as our involvement with the Christo Rey Corporate Internship Program. We also sponsor a community grants program that supports organizations serving minority and underprivileged populations in the region. In addition, we take an active role in community leadership organizations and civic advancement programs, including the Baltimore Metropolitan Leadership Conference, the Community Assistance Network and Leadership Baltimore County.
Many Ober|Kaler attorneys also serve in various leadership capacities with local nonprofit and minority organizations dedicated to diversity issues. These include:
- Asian Pacific American Bar Association of Maryland
- Black Law Student Association
- Corporate Counsel Women of Color
- Executive Women's Network
- Maryland Hispanic Chamber of Commerce
- Monumental City Bar Association
- PACT: Helping Children with Special Needs
- Women's Bar Association of Maryland
- Women's Bar Association of the District of Columbia