Health Care Litigation and Alternative Dispute Resolution
Ober|Kaler’s Health Law Group represents clients in resolving disputes both with – and without – litigation in a variety of settings, over a variety of issues.
Our team includes attorneys with deep experience in a wide variety of litigation and alternative dispute resolution matters who litigate in federal and state courts throughout the country, as well as in administrative proceedings before federal and state agencies.
The types of matters we handle for our health care clients include:
- False Claims Act/qui tam litigation, including pre-litigation investigations
- Antitrust litigation
- Medicare and Medicaid reimbursement litigation
- Medicare and Medicaid rulemaking litigation
- Medicare and Medicaid decertification proceedings
- State delicensure proceedings
- Regulatory survey appeals/IDR
- Joint Commission accreditation and survey appeals
- Certificate of need proceedings
- Physician credentialing litigation
- Unfair trade practices litigation
- Medical malpractice litigation
- Private health insurance reimbursement litigation
- Federal and state civil investigative demands and subpoenas
- Federal and state criminal investigations
- Federal and state court appellate proceedings, including amicus curiae briefs
Our clients frequently call upon our health care litigators to provide substantive support and expertise to local counsel handling a particular litigation or investigation. With experience gained from previously held positions in federal and state government, our attorneys have connections with major health care providers, trade associations, health-related institutions, consultants and experts around the country, and can offer access to the invaluable resources necessary for successful litigation.