Entertainment and Media
For over 20 years, Ober|Kaler’s intellectual property lawyers have represented clients in the entertainment and media fields. These include producers and production companies, authors and publishers, recording artists and record companies, television and film producers, and broadcasters. Several of our lawyers have prior careers as musicians and artists, bringing an appreciation and unique understanding of the entertainment and media industries. And while Ober|Kaler’s entertainment practice is centered in the Intellectual Property Group, our corporate, tax, litigation and estates lawyers provide comprehensive support for our entertainment clients.
Our experience in the entertainment and media industries is also valuable when our “non-entertainment” clients engage in transactions involving the entertainment and media field, such as contracts involving entertainment content licensing, celebrity endorsements or artist appearances at events.
Our entertainment and media law services include:
- Rights clearances
- Preparation and negotiation of production and distribution agreements for music, television and film
- Enforcement of intellectual property rights
- Securities law
- Establishing chain of title documentation
- Visual arts, including public art commissions and moral rights
- Video game development and publishing agreements
- Talent agreements for actors, composers, screenwriters, musicians, producers and television personalities
- Preparation and negotiation of book publishing agreements