The number of employment and labor issues facing today’s businesses are constantly multiplying. As regulations governing everything from compensation to union organization increase in complexity, Ober|Kaler’s Employment Group is firmly committed to helping employers in all aspects of human resources issues.
We actively monitor regulatory changes that are likely to impact a client’s policies and procedures, advise on ways to avoid future employment and labor issues, provide training to management and supervisors, and defend businesses and executives in litigation brought by employees.
Our Employment Group’s broad-based knowledge of various industries mirrors the spectrum of businesses served by the firm. We regularly work with small- to middle-market for-profit and nonprofit entities in the Mid-Atlantic whose business interests stretch from coast to coast. Our clients include hospitals and medical centers, charities, associations, maritime companies, banks and financial services providers, religious orders, construction companies and contractors.
Our advisory and litigation capabilities include counsel on matters related to:
- Union avoidance
- Collective bargaining, arbitration and National Labor Relations Board matters
- Wage and hour disputes
- Equal opportunity employment laws
- Affirmative action investigations
- Executive contracts and compensation packages
- Confidentiality agreements
- Trade secret protections
- Non-competition agreements
- Severance packages and release agreements
- Restrictive covenants and business torts
- Employee leave issues
- Electronic monitoring and employee privacy
- Arbitration agreements and mediation services
- Layoffs, terminations and reductions in force
- Drafting employment contracts
- Policy and procedures documentation
Working hand in hand with colleagues across the firm who serve a broad cross-section of industries, our Employment Group attorneys are responsive to client needs. We deliver common-sense solutions designed to help management avoid litigation and, when claims and suits arise, are tireless advocates in their defense – in and out of the courtroom.
Our attorneys are known for forming close and long-lasting relationships with clients. We know their business and guide them in complying with the complex regulatory environment in the employment arena as well as helping prepare for anticipated changes in the laws. Ober|Kaler’s dedication to providing high-caliber, yet cost-conscious counsel distinguishes us as a valued partner, especially when it comes to protecting our clients’ interests in litigation matters and the resolution of disputes through litigation avoidance.