Search Legal Perspectives:
Estate Planning for Parents of Individuals with Special Needs
April 23, 2012
Victoria Sulerzyski co-authored a leaflet on estate planning for parents of individuals with special needs. Published in collaboration with the Kennedy Krieger Institute and the Maryland Center for Developmental Disabilities, the leaflet covers these topics:
- Why should I consider estate planning?
- What kind of estate planning do I need?
- What happens when my child turns 18?
- What is a health care surrogate?
- What is guardianship?
- What are the benefits of a special needs trust?
- How do I decide what's best for my loved ones?