Search Legal Perspectives:
FATCA-2013 and Beyond
December 18, 2012
Tax lawyer Stuart Schabes co-presented “FATCA – 2013 and Beyond” at The Perfect Storm: US Tax Legislation and IRS Compliance 2013, a program hosted by Philip Stein & Associates and ERM.
The discussion included:
- FATCA introduction
- Current Climate of Aggressive IRS
- What does FATCA compliance mean?
- The scope
- Joint statements and bilateral agreements
- United Kingdom and Switzerland
- The details
- What is required?
- Israel and what’s next
- Israel-US FATCA agreement and Israeli financial institutions’ response
- Current US enforcement efforts
The presentation is available for download at the link below.