Ober|Kaler attorneys Scott Johnson and Christopher Lonegro* from the Intellectual Property Group and Sarah Swank from the Health Law Group contributed to the second edition of the American Health Lawyers Association's Clinical Research Practice Guide.
With this important guide from AHLA, those who represent healthcare entities will gain insight into the growing interrelationship between health law and life sciences, as well as the growing risks and compliance issues facing clients involved in this complex area.
The Second Edition of the popular Practice Guide is extensively enhanced and updated with coverage of:
- Changes to HIPAA that affect research and IRBs
- New Food and Drug Administration guidance and finalization of draft guidance
- Changes to patent law due to the America Invents Act
- HITECH and enhanced coverage of the Security Rule
- New requirements for group health plans and health insurers to cover routine patient costs in an approved clinical trial
For more information visit: www.lexisnexis.com
*Chris Lonegro is a former associate in the firm's Intellectual Property Group.
*Sarah E. Swank is a former Ober|Kaler Health Law Group attorney.